Librarian (Automation) at GPO
As a Librarian (Automation), typical work assignments may include the following:
- The incumbent performs a variety of professional level duties in support of the Bibliographic Control Section, Library Techincal Infomation Services (LTIS), the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP), and Information Dissemination.
- Participates in evaluating and defining functional specifications for and providing technical advice and analysis for LTIS systems and applications, including the ILS.
- Provides technical support for and carries out the day-to-day operations of automated applications used to support the work of LTIS.
- Works with other staff of LTIS to improve workflow using automated systems. Assists in the development of new bibliographic products and new services utilizing functionality of the integrated library system to improve access to U.S. Government information.
- Plans, documents, and coordinates policy and procedures in assigned areas of responsibility. Ensures the currency and applicability of written documentation.
- Determines the need for and manages the creation/production of training materials including manuals and administrative guides, working with other areas within Information Dissemination as needed
- Provides technical input to the administration of library technical services contracts; may serve as Contracting Officers Technical Representative (COTR).
Last updated: Friday, April 13, 2018 14:47 UTC
How to apply
US Government Publishing Office
732 North Capitol St. NW
User interface User Experience Creative problem-solving troublshooting Technical Support batch loading data Library Services Automation Aleph US Government Documents Unix Library Systems systems librarian ILS
Published: Friday, April 13, 2018 14:47 UTC