Please take a look at an exciting new position at Salve Regina, Digital Scholarship and Instruction Librarian.
The Digital Scholarship and Instruction Librarian will play a leading role in the library's digital scholarship initiatives. Working with other librarians, students, faculty, and other campus and community partners, the incumbent will develop, implement, expand, and sustain services that support current and emerging research, teaching, and creative activities at Salve Regina University. The librarian will develop a vision for integrating digital scholarship into the information literacy mission of the library and participate in marketing and outreach that communicates and advances that vision for the library, university, and community. Additionally, the librarian will support the library and Salve Regina University community by providing information literacy instruction, supporting the current technical infrastructure, and liaising with selected academic departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Encourage interdisciplinary inquiry by providing support in the digital humanities, digital social sciences, and data management;
- Instruct in the use of technologies that enable digital humanities;
- Enhance the creation and dissemination of research and scholarship at Salve Regina University by monitoring emerging trends and supporting the creation and discovery of open access scholarship and new forms of scholarly digital media and publishing;
- Lead implementation of digital initiatives for the library by advising and providing instruction and training on digital scholarship tools, techniques, and methodologies to Salve Regina University researchers to enrich their research and provide access to their scholarship;
- Refine and build on existing modes of access for local and external audiences to access Salve Regina's research and scholarship;
- Serve the community and collect front-line information about library interfaces by providing live and virtual reference serves at the library's information desk;
- Serve as library liaison to academic departments at Salve Regina;
- Design, deliver, and assess course-integrated instruction sessions in collaboration with faculty;
- Promote, solicit, and add materials from students and faculty to the institutional repository;
- Collaborate with the University Archivist and Special Collections Librarian to develop and apply metadata schema for digital curation and preservation tasks;
- Educate and support doctoral candidates through the dissertation preparation and electronic submission process, in collaboration with academic programs;
- Continue to develop professionally through active participation in professional associations, publishing, presentation, or other professional activity.
How to apply
Director of Library Services
Salve Regina University
Newport, RI 02840
Published: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 15:31 UTC
Last updated: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 15:31 UTC