Join the HistoryIT team of innovators and be part of a growing company in a dynamic industry. Work with professional historians, technologists, and technicians at the forefront of preserving and presenting history through innovative technological solutions and smart strategic planning.
HistoryIT is seeking to hire full-time Metadata Specialists. Specialists will review digitized historical materials (primarily documents and photographs, as well as artifacts) and create appropriate metadata. They will offer an interpretation of the contents, identify subject tags, and create contextual links among materials in the collection. Metadata technicians will be expected to work quickly and efficiently, meeting demanding production schedules while ensuring high-quality standards.
Being part of the HistoryIT team demands hard work, but offers real rewards for successful efforts. We are looking for people who want to grow and thrive with the company. Regular employee reviews will provide the opportunity for upward mobility, redefined responsibilities, and salary enhancements. For the right individual, eager and able to work in the intersecting worlds of history and technology, this position offers the opportunity for growth into a leadership position in a dynamic, expanding company.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in History or related field
- extensive knowledge of U.S. history, historiography, and historical practices
- technological literacy; comfort learning and using new technologies
- experience using basic database or spreadsheet software; data-entry experience
- knowledge of archival practices
- extensive experience in online research methods and resources
- excellent written and verbal communications skills
- strong attention to detail
- excellent reliability and punctuality
- experience meeting deadlines and production goals
- comfort working independently and in a team environment
- strong visual ability to read document content (including typed and handwritten materials) and computer displays for long periods of time
- familiarity of common metadata standards – Dublin Core, MODS, METS, etc.
Metadata Specialist positions will be based in either in Portland, Maine or Chicago, Illinois.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to HistoryIT CTO, Donny Lowe at email@example.com (subject line: Metadata Specialist). Review of applications will begin immediately.
HistoryIT provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. HistoryIT does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits or any other condition of employment.
Last updated: Friday, February 23, 2018 17:19 UTC