DescriptionAutonomy, an HP company, enables organizations to capture, preserve and access unstructured digital information-including email, IM, files, scanned documents, and other electronic records-and review and produce relevant documents in a manner that reduces operational risks and costs while complying with legal, regulatory and business policy requirements.
- Act as technical expert in for the Global Datacenter Team responsible for maintaining and supporting the environment with focus on monitoring, scripts and tools necessary for hardware and systems level monitoring. Troubleshooting skills are essential.
- Experience with open source and software and other monitoring tools is a plus.
- Must be able to work on a variety of systems covering a complex assortment of software and hardware configurations.
- Evaluate systems components, systems software, networking infrastructure and hardware peripherals for reliability, performance, scalability and security.
- Analyze and tune systems for performance, throughput, resource utilization, high availability, and scalability.
- May be involved with database management and administration using DB2 and/or MySQL.
- Document and publish installation, configuration, operational and troubleshooting procedures for use by support personnel.
- Assist in departmental planning by making specific recommendations for improvement in the areas of performance, resource utilization, high availability, scalability, systems management and operations.
- Work with other departments within the organization to meet companywide goals.
- Experience with systems administration managing Windows server systems.
- Experience with systems administration managing Unix systems (Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc.), preferably Linux.
- Experience hands on with networking technologies and protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, routers is a plus.
- Experience with administering a relational database or hands on experience with SQL (DB2, MySql, Oracle) is a plus.
- Experience with Perl, PHP, software development (Java,C,C++) and/or shell scripting.
- Experience related to disaster recovery, business continuity, backup systems, tape libraries, SAN, and NAS knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with one or more email technologies (Exchange, Notes, sendmail, Apache James, SMTP) is a plus.
- Experience with virtualization technology such as KVM, VMware is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering required.
Autonomy, an HP Company, is a global leader in software that processes human information, or unstructured data, including social media, email, video, audio, text and web pages, etc. Autonomy’s powerful management and analytic tools for structured information together with its ability to extract meaning in real time from all forms of information, regardless of format, is a unique tool for companies seeking to get the most out of their data. Autonomy’s product portfolio helps power companies through enterprise search analytics, business process management and OEM operations. Autonomy also offers information governance solutions in areas such as eDiscovery, content management and compliance, as well as marketing solutions that help companies grow revenue, such as web content management, online marketing optimization and rich media management.
Published: Monday, September 10, 2012 19:41 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC