Technology Development Manager
The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a Technology Development Manager to join our Information Technology Services team. This position reports to our Information Technology Services Director and supervises our Web Developers as well as our Integrated Library System Administrator (a total of three staff members). The ideal candidate will be well-versed on emerging technology opportunities for public libraries and have experience with implementation. Previous manager experience is a plus! Join our team today!
Essential Job Duties
· Works with the Information Technology Services Director to establish goals and objectives for Information Technology Services which support the Library’s mission.
· Directly supervises and schedules employees in assigned division including the Integrated Library Systems Administrator and the Web Developers. Serves as liaison between administration and staff.
· Recommends and develops plans for providing innovative technologies for the enhancement of the user experience, for in-library users as well as remote users.
· Engages with staff and the public to determine technology needs and requirements, provide solutions, and evaluate usage.
· Develops strategy and timetable for implementation of initiatives to continue connecting our users to the library and each other with technology. Coordinates implementation with vendors, management, and staff.
· Coordinates with the Staff Development Coordinator to ensure staff training of new technologies.
· Coordinates with the Systems Manager to ensure new technologies’ integration into public computing environment.
· Keeps up-to-date with changes in the consumer technology environment to help and continually watches for emerging technologies that should be integrated into services for library users.
· Prepares and monitors division budget.
· Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program; or four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a technology-related field.
· Database and database management skills, computer programming skills and software troubleshooting skills required. Knowledge of available and emerging technologies and their application to library services. Ability to integrate technology into library applications.
· Ability to work with and configure multiple operating systems and consumer devices.
· Experience with management of technology implementation projects.
· Ability to plan, schedule and oversee department personnel and operations.
· Ability to prepare and administer budgets.
· Valid Ohio driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required.
· Managerial experience is a plus.
· Occasional on-call support required.
Compensation and Benefits: Pay range minimum is $63,985 annually with an exceptional benefits package.
Last updated: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 15:28 UTC
How to apply
For first consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 17, 2017.
Published: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 15:28 UTC