Simmons SLIS Technology Coordinator
The SLIS Technology Coordinator provides curricular technology support for the College of Organizational, Computational, and Information Sciences, including all discipline-specific components required by the online and face-to-face SLIS Division, Math, Statistics, and Computer Science division and the Business Division. The curricular technology support includes collaborating with faculty on their pedagogical needs and assisting with the development of experiential teaching and learning activities.
- Provide access to, training in, and support for a range of technologies – including enterprise technologies and social media platforms – and spaces needed by the College faculty, staff and students.
- Support development of experiential online teaching and learning activities for classes and labs.
- Support students in all aspects of online domain specific applications. Activities include: installation and support of new open source web applications/tools, and support students working on specialized advanced library and information science projects, such as the creation of digital libraries and databases using a variety of content management system solutions.
- Coordinate with Simmons Technology to ensure system security, maintenance, backup, and administration for the server and cloud environments and lab spaces.
- Coordinates technology purchases following established College procurement policies and procedures.
- Supervise part-time student workers and Dean’s Fellow to provide support and services.
The Technology Coordinator must demonstrate the following competencies and meet the following expectations for performance:
- Master’s degree required. Field of study: Library and Information Science, Information Technology/Systems, Computer Science, Instructional Design/Technology, or Archives highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Installation of open source software and packages on a variety of operating systems.
- Use of Drupal as a web building framework.
- Support for web applications, including Drupal, WordPress, Omeka, ArchivesSpace and others.
- Server administration with a clear understanding and preferable usage within a client-server architecture.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills, exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable taking initiative on assigned and new projects, and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using virtual systems and cloud computing with services like AWS or Microsoft Azure or VMware Workstation.
- Familiarity with LIS and archives digital asset management systems, the LIS and archives educational environment, or the LIS and archives faculty and students who are primary clients.
Instructions to Applicants: Please go to the original listing and submit a resume and cover letter in the Resume/CV section of the application.
As a College committed to diversity, Simmons encourages applications broadly. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.
Last updated: Thursday, September 14, 2017 04:34 UTC
How to apply
Published: Thursday, September 14, 2017 04:34 UTC