Oxy rocks -- come work with us!
Occidental College is a small rigorous liberal arts institution at the edge of Los Angeles with a curricular emphasis on social justice, community-based learning, and global citizenship. The Center for Digital Liberal Arts (CDLA) cdla.oxycreates.org at Occidental helps to prepare Oxy’s diverse and talented students for a rapidly changing world through a variety of programs and offerings, including research support for students and faculty, digital media production tools and software, and professional development for faculty in digital pedagogy and scholarly communication.
The CDLA seeks to expand our support for both qualitative and quantitative modes of inquiry across the social sciences through a focus on data curation, sharing, and analysis. We seek a colleague who will:
- Collaborate directly with social science faculty to shape student learning goals, participate in related grant and funding opportunities, and inform assessments of student learning.
- Research and develop best practice in digital pedagogy and instructional design in the social sciences.
- Work with relevant academic departments and academic support units (e.g., the Center for Academic Excellence and the Academic Mastery Program) on ongoing efforts to develop data and computational literacies across the curriculum.
- Develop and instruct advanced workshops and advise students about research resources, methods, and scholarly practices across the social sciences, addressing information, geospatial, media, and statistical fluencies.
- Supervise and mentor student workers.
- Provide research and insight to the Library and Information Technology Services on emergent social science resources, identify and advocate for learning space, software, hardware, and other resource needs specific to the social sciences.
- Track emerging trends in pedagogy and technology across the social sciences; experiment with new approaches to scholarly content creation and presentation.
- Assess work activities, analyze evaluative data, and compile and report same – as required.
- Oversee and participate in a range of relevant special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to
Submitted by: email@example.com
Published: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 21:37 UTC