Digital Library Architect
Emory University — Atlanta
0 other recent jobs
Created: August 1, 2016
Reporting to the Director of Library Technology and Digital Strategies, and partnering with the Digital Library Program Coordinator and central IT resources, the Digital Library Architect will provide technical leadership for Emory University’s Digital Library. This position will assist in product development of a digital preservation repository based on the Hydra framework, transition of the repository into an operationalized service, and once operationalized will assume responsibility for the daily operations of the Digital Library’s applications and technical infrastructure.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or related field; three years of software development experience; and product management or business analysis experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Familiarity with current and emerging trends in digital library technologies and infrastructure.
• A good understanding of current trends in metadata and digital preservation.
• Expertise architecting and implementing enterprise web applications with modern frameworks such as Ruby-on-Rails.
• Evidence of capacity for professional development, involvement, and contribution.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; as well as analytical and organizational skills.
• Experience with Hydra, SOLR, Fedora Commons and related digital object repository technologies.
• Experience working on Open Source software projects.
• Experience with version control, test-driven development, continuous integration techniques and other development best practices.
• Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems, including scripting.
• Demonstrated expertise in existing and emergent content and storage management standards and technologies.
• Familiarity with digital library standards, such as MODS, Dublin Core, IIIF, PCDM, PREMIS, OAI-PMH, ISO 16363, etc.
• Experience working within a large academic or research institution library and evidence of successful execution of large-scale projects with said context.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Engage in national and consortial efforts in the digital library domain, and seek mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations with peer institutions and in the private sector.
• Develop and oversee subcommittees -- both advisory and working groups -- related to the digital library program
• Lead the design and development of the technical architecture for digital library applications, middleware, systems, and services.
• Develop, publish, and maintain a roadmap for service and infrastructure implementation.
• Track technology trends and standards evolution, and contribute to developments in this field.
• Facilitate requirements gathering; performing analysis; synthesizing results
• Actively participate in the development process utilizing the Hydra framework
• Leverage best practices to ensure development, releases, testing, etc. meet Hydra Community standards.
• Leads operational support of current and future Digital Library Program applications
How to apply
Published: Monday, August 1, 2016 15:54 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC