Web Applications Specialist, Integrated Learning Resource Center
Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA, USA
Position Summary: The Liberty University Integrated Learning Resource Center (ILRC) invites applications for the position of Web Applications Specialist. The ILRC incorporates the University's main library and academic computing center. The successful applicant will assist the Web Services Librarian with supporting and developing integrated and stand-alone services for the library. Experience with CSS, HTML, XML, ColdFusion, ASP, Oracle, SQL, PERL, PHP, AJAX, SharePoint, or similar applications, web technologies, and programming languages is desirable. This position reports to the Head of Library Technologies.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
* Maintain existing and develop new web applications that support library and library-related web site.
* Develop and support CMS and web-based software tools.
* Technical support for gathering, reporting, and evaluating library statistics and data.
* Maintain currency with cutting edge web technologies, software, tools, and solutions.
* Participate in evaluation and assessment efforts.
* Provide back-up for the Web Services Librarian in his/her absence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Library Technologies and higher administrators.
Required: Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent work experience. Candidates with a graduate degree will be considered for faculty status position. Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly. Must be able to work with a small team of developers and a project manager. Commitment to user-centered development. Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision. Previous library experience is preferred.
This is a full-time, benefited position with regular daytime hours, but may require some flexible scheduling options. The position is offered for 40 hours per week at an hourly rate based upon qualifications and experience.
For a complete position description visit the ILRC's Job Openings page <https://www.liberty.edu/library/index.cfm?PID=5991> . For benefit information, visit Liberty University's Human Resources page <http://www.liberty.edu/Administration/HumanResources/index.cfm?PID=731& id=3m14,3m13,3m8> .
Liberty University <http://www.liberty.edu/> is committed to a Christian philosophy of higher education. Full-time equivalent enrollment, including a rapidly growing distance learning program, is expected to exceed 17,000 in fall 2007. Lynchburg <http://www.discoverlynchburg.org/index.htm> is located in the Central Virginia foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:48 UTC