Software Engineer -- Server Applications
Engineer - Books Project
Make your mark in history. Help create one of the largest free libraries of digital books in the world!
_The Internet Archive <http://www.archive.org/>_ is a non-profit organization 501(C)(3) seeking to provide universal access to all knowledge. We are an online digital library; our collections include audio, video, texts, web sites and software. Internet Archive works together with organizations like Creative Commons and EFF to preserve and protect the public domain, the open source movement and the commons in general.
* Strong background (3+ years) in a server side scripting languages such as Java, Perl, PHP or Python required (but, this is a PHP job)
* Significant knowledge Unix/Linux and GNU tools required
* Experience working with open source software and systems required
* Knowledge of PHP, XML and distributed computing strongly preferred
* Experience working in a production environment
* Natural problem-solver and troubleshooter
* Love and respect for books; pride and care in your work
* Knowledge of image formats and image compression desirable
* Not afraid of terabytes
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>_ with the subject line "Software Engineer -- Server Applications". The Archive thanks all applicants for their interest, but advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 16:38 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:48 UTC