DescriptionColumbia University Libraries seek a Digitization and Preservation Projects Manager in the Preservation and Digital Conversion Division of the Libraries for a temporary three year appointment.
The Digitization and Preservation Projects Manager manages special projects, primarily larger digitization projects carried by vendors, of published materials, archival collections, and audiovisual materials; also as appropriate, inventory projects and projects to improve the content of CLIO that are related to digitization efforts. The incumbent reports to the Director, Preservation and Digital Conversion Division.
- Under general guidance from the Director, design, document, and manage project workflows, procedures, statistics, and polices. Assist in selection of vendors and developing vendor contracts.
- Supervise and train support staff and student assistants; assign work, coordinate flow of materials; act as liaison to other CUL units involved in projects.
- Act as liaison to vendors, resolve problems, assure schedules are met, and assure services meet quality and technical specifications.
- Assist with annual ingest of Internet Archive e-books into HathiTrust; assist other units with inventory and other projects; assist with other PDCD activities as needed, including disaster response.
- MLS or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel and/or similar tools
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in a library or archives
- Project management experience
- Commitment to supporting and working in a diverse environment
- Ability to work with bibliographic records in a variety of languages
- Knowledge of bibliographic control policies and procedures
- Familiarity with library and archives preservation, including audiovisual
- Familiarity with library and archives digitization
- Familiarity with collection maintenance policies and procedures
- Experience with digitizing library and archives materials
- Collection maintenance experience
- Experience with preservation
Apply online: https://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=62576
As one of the world's leading research universities, Columbia University in the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a dynamic multicultural intellectual community. The Columbia University Libraries/Information Services comprises a diverse, collegial and engaged staff committed to furthering the University's teaching and research mission through innovation, leadership, collaboration and professionalism.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position.
How to apply
Published: Saturday, April 9, 2016 19:55 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC