NExpress Coordinator and ILS Systems Manager
Created: March 4, 2016
Northeast Kansas Library System Lawrence0 other recent jobs
DescriptionFull Job Description information
The Northeast Kansas Library System (NEKLS) in Lawrence, KS, has an opening and we're looking for a diplomatic applicant with lots of energy, enthusiasm, and excellent customer service skills to come work with us!
NExpress Coordinator and ILS Systems Manager: Opportunity for a creative librarian who will enjoy the challenge of managing a large regional shared consortia catalog, with 42 public libraries and 1 school district (public catalog). The system runs on the Koha ILS, an open source ILS used all over the world.
- Providing overall management, support, and coordination of the NExpress ILS and consortia, including balancing needs of consortia with local library needs
- Coordinating operations of NExpress team
- Maintaining data quality of NExpress records and database
- Coordinating with participating libraries and ILS support vendor regarding system features and bugs, migrations, upgrades, and software developments
- Providing NExpress training to participating libraries, including planning & leading quarterly NExpress users group meetings
- Participating in the international Koha community
- MLS degree preferred and 3 or more years of prior library experience is required.
- Experience with integrated library automation system software is required.
- Knowledge of cataloging best practices, database management (MySQL), web languages (HTML, CSS, JQuery), web CMS platforms (WordPress and LibGuides) is highly preferred.
Excellent salary ($50,000-$53,000) and benefits package, including complete health, dental, and vision coverage (single and family), short-term and long-term disability insurance, and retirement options. Position is open until filled.
Evaluation of applications will begin on April 15, 2016 and will continue until position is filled. Estimated start date is on or around July 1, 2016.
For questions, please contact Laura DeBaun, NEKLS Director, at email@example.com.
Apply with cover letter, resume and references list by emailing Carolyn Little, Courier Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line NExpress Coordinator Job Application. NEKLS is an equal opportunity employer.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC
How to apply
Published: Friday, March 4, 2016 20:50 UTC