Information Technology Manager
Created: February 23, 2016
Orbis Cascade Alliance Eugene2 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe Information Technology Manager is responsible for providing leadership in evaluating technologies and technical support of Orbis Cascade Alliance services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Guided by the consortium’s mission, vision, values, and strategic agenda, work is non-routine and requires a creative approach to program management and leadership. This position will: provide technical support for the consortium’s Shared Integrated Library System (Shared ILS, based on the Ex Libris Alma and Primo tools), including Alma Network Zone record loading, troubleshooting, and other maintenance tasks; perform data flow monitoring, reporting, and extension of Alma and Primo through published APIs; lead support for the Alliance’s technical infrastructure, including management of local and cloud servers, content management systems/web sites, and administrative databases, which includes responsibility for vendor relations, upgrades, migration, monitoring performance, and security (desktop computing support is contracted out and not a responsibility of this position); provide technical support for the consortium’s unique and distinctive collections services, including the Encoded Archival Description database and archival collection management service; participate on teams implementing the Alliance’s Strategic Agenda, including researching, recommending, implementing, and supporting new technologies in a complex multi-state multi-institutional environment. This position reports to the Systems Program Manager, and is an integral part of the Systems Program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2 years’ experience supporting *nix systems (Unix, Linux, etc.) in a production environment
- Significant experience with at least one programming language
- Experience writing documentation
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks in a complex and changing environment, including balancing long-term projects and being responsive to more immediate support needs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collaborate at a distance, and inspire the participation of colleagues
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds
- Degree(s) in computer science, library science, or related fields
- Experience working with consortia, libraries, special collections/archives, or in higher education
- Three years’ experience in server support, including experience with Web and database servers
- Experience with a library management system (ILS) product
- Experience with a library discovery product
- Knowledge of MARC 21 Format for Bibliographic Data
The Orbis Cascade Alliance is a nonprofit consortium of 37 colleges and universities in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Its mission is to enable member libraries to advance institutional missions through collaboration and innovation. For more information, see: https://www.orbiscascade.org/.
Salary and Benefits
Starting salary range: $60,000-$65,000 per year; excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, and sick and vacation leave.
Orbis Cascade Alliance positions are covered by the University of Oregon’s benefits package (see: http://hr.uoregon.edu/benefits).
This is a full-time, 12-month position, and is classified as Officer of Administration, which includes annual, renewable contracts. Professional growth and service in keeping with University, Libraries’ and Orbis Cascade Alliance standards for retention and merit is expected. Some weekend and evening hours may be required. Extensive travel is not required, but this position is expected to be involved in professional information technology organizations and to participate in regional events directly related to Orbis Cascade Alliance services.
To ensure full consideration, please submit application materials by March 11, 2016. This position is open until filled. The successful candidate must complete a criminal background check.
Submit Word or PDF documents to firstname.lastname@example.org that include: cover letter addressed to Search Committee, résumé or CV, and list of four professional references (one of whom must be your most recent supervisor). Candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC