DescriptionAlabama State University, Academic Affairs/Levi Watkins Learn Center, invites applications for the position of Humanities/Digital Archivist. Under direct supervision of Coordinator of Public Services, provides reference and information services to the academic community and works with library digital projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage digitization projects for the library, scan metadata creations and upload items into the digital management system, mange workflow and conduct quality checks, and prepare items for retrieval and display.
- Serve as a subject liaison for the Department of Humanities, the Department of Visual and Performing Arts, and the Department of History, to facilitate selection of appropriate resources for curricular and research needs.
- Prepare required reports.
- Handle general and in-depth reference questions at selected hours with primary responsibilities at the Special Collection and Information desk.
- Guide faculty, staff, and student in the effective use of humanities resources by providing traditional and we-based instructional training that support the ACRL informational literacy competency standards.
- Teach information literacy classes for the assigned subject areas of archives and humanities using digital resources in the creation of teaching modules, bibliographies and other finding aids.
- Participate in inventories of library materials.
- Assist in the provision of archival services in campus museum projects.
- Participate in scholarly communication imitative and actively collaborates in outreach initiatives with collegiate faculty in these disciplines.
- Engage in research and scholarly publishing.
- Collect and analyze data from surveys and other assessment measures for select reports.
- Serve on library teams, attend university functions, and perform other duties as assigned.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC