DescriptionThe University Library at UIC is seeking a Desktop/Server Administrator.
If you know of anyone who might fit this position, please feel free to share this announcement.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and customer-focused desktop administrator with some Linux skills. This Desktop/Server Administrator supports the public and staff desktop computing environments in the UIC Library as well as providing Linux server systems administration support. Install, deploy and maintain desktop computing systems in a mixed environment (Windows, Macintosh). Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve system, application and network connectivity issues. Configure and maintain Linux servers; install and configure application packages.
Join Chicago's largest public research university to support higher education and cutting-edge research! Complete our energetic and diverse team supporting students and faculty at the University of Illinois at Chicago and across the world.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Solve hardware and software issues for staff and public computers; identify, research, and resolve problems related to operating systems, applications, and network connectivity.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain application packages on Linux servers (e.g., Apache, MySQL, WordPress, etc.)
- Maintain system security in accordance with University security policies
- Hire, train, and manage graduate and undergraduate student employees
- Maintain hardware and software inventory
- Write and maintain systems documentation
- Maintain user accounts with Active Directory
- Train library colleagues
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned
- High School Graduation or equivalent
- Minimum of (5) five years of professional IT experience within IT Support Services which includes demonstrated experience providing end-user technical and troubleshooting support with computer hardware, software and classroom technologies within desktop and networking environments via telephone, ticketing systems and/or onsite resolution
This position is part of the Information Technology Division of the UIC University Library. To apply and see the full position description and list of qualifications, see https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=58201
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:40 UTC