Web Services Developer (Radford VA)
Radford University — Radford
0 other recent jobs
Created: October 29, 2015
DescriptionJohn P. McConnell Library at Radford University seeks a creative, enthusiastic, user-oriented technologist to manage the public websites and internal portal web-related needs of the library. This position provides a combination of independence, professional development opportunities, room for experimentation in a supportive environment. The Web Services developer continues a tradition of providing excellent web services to a highly collaborative academic community.
The Web Services Developer is responsible for all the overall external-facing public websites and internal portal web-related needs of McConnell Library at Radford University. This position will also develop and maintain web based software applications with primary focus on supporting the needs of the various Departments within McConnell Library.
- Leads development and analysis of the library websites, web-based applications, and web-based services.
- Supports and develops numerous customized web based applications; develops and manages associated databases; and conducts analyses of collected data, with knowledge of SQL.
- Using advanced coding methodologies and tools, the Web Services Developer will be responsible for some or all phases of web application development including liaising directly with our various user bases, requirements gathering, translating general requirements into system specifications, complex development, unit testing and QA, interface development, data integration, and release / production support.
- Maintains, debugs, upgrades, and scales web application code, web content and dynamic data.
- Develops and supports system interfaces. Provides help desk level support for applications developed in-house.
Considerable experience with website development and analysis. Demonstrated experience developing and supporting web-based applications and associated databases, with knowledge of SQL and data collection analysis. Experience debugging, upgrading, and scaling web application code, web content, and dynamic data. Experience with purchasing and developing web applications for a diverse academic clientele.
Considerable experience in developing and maintaining applications for an academic library; developing and trouble-shooting with Expression Engine, and WordPress. preferred. Experience with with web technologies including: PHP, HTML, CSS. strongly preferred. Proficiency in current web techniques and best practices; experience with multiple web development programs, i.e., Adobe Flash/Photoshop/Fireworks/Dreamweaver. Experience with Web Services for data exchange between systems; Google Analytics and API's (Google Apps), relational database concepts, web monitoring reporting tools, mobile optimization, and project management preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent training, education or experience.
To apply for this position and for more information, go to https://jobs.radford.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1446139263814 (Under Classified Staff) Applicants must complete an online application and attach a cover letter, resume, three references, and unofficial copies of transcripts with the application. This position requires a criminal background check.
Radford University is a comprehensive, state-supported institution focused on providing outstanding academic programs in a student-centered environment. The university is well known for its strong faculty/student bonds and innovative use of technology in the learning environment. Radford is located by the New River in the scenic mountains of Southwest Virginia, 40 miles from Roanoke.
How to apply
Radford University Human Resources
Published: Thursday, October 29, 2015 18:41 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC