DescriptionANNOUNCEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL OPENING
Available February 2015
Digital Resources and Serials Coordinator, full-time, twelve month, tenure-track faculty
appointment as Assistant Professor in a collective bargaining unit. Position reports to the
Associate Dean of Libraries.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package
including health, dental and vision benefits, 24 days of vacation and participation in the Illinois
State Universities Retirement System (SURS).
Coordinate the management and support of the Library’s digital and electronic resources and
related systems, including the integrated library system (currently Ex Libris’ Voyager) and
the implementation and management of an institutional repository. Coordinate electronic resource
management, including licensing and policy development, with the Technical Services Coordinator and the eResources & Systems Librarian. Coordinate serials and government documents operations, including the supervision of one FTE staff. Provide related technical support for all Library systems, including WorldCat Local, ILLiad, 360 Resource Manager, SFX and ContentDM. May serve as a subject specialist in a selected discipline and provide reference services in a team environment. Participation in professional organizations, service in library and university governance, and appropriate research/creative activities are expected and required for tenure.
- ALA-accredited MLS degree and a second master’s degree
- Demonstrated experience with integrated library systems in academic libraries and related technologies
- Evidence of relevant experience in e-resource and serials acquisitions, management and cataloging
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital environments, institutional repositories and related systems in academic libraries
- Familiarity with MARC or other non-MARC metadata standards
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to build consensus and facilitate change
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience with Ex Libris’ Voyager, SFX and Serials Solutions’ 360 Resource Manager and WorldCat Local
- Demonstrated knowledge of open access
- Basic skills in scripting and programming applicable to a library environment
- Work experience in an academic library and in a collaborative, culturally diverse environment
CAMPUS AND COMMUNITY:
Northeastern Illinois University (www.neiu.edu) is a public, comprehensive, multicultural university located on the north side of Chicago. It has an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. The Library maintains a collection of over 700,000 volumes and subscriptions to 120 online databases.
Send a letter of application, resume, and the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of
three references via email to LibSearch@neiu.edu. Subject line should read “Digital Resources
and Serials Coordinator application”. Paper applications will not be accepted. Review begins
December 1, 2015. The position is open until filled, but only applications received by December 1 can be assured full consideration.
NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES AS WELL AS OTHER QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 17:28 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC