DescriptionOurDigitalWorld (ODW) is seeking a Digital Library Developer for an exciting internship opportunity (20 weeks @ 35 hrs/week). The intern will be assisting on a pilot project (ODW, in collaboration with Ryerson University Library and Archives and the Digital Public Library of America community) to set up and test a replication of the DPLA platform. The intern will help assess, create and modify tools, scripts and applications for access to digital cultural heritage collections. The intern will work with the project team to understand the requirements and develop solutions for existing systems using DPLA technologies.
- Define and actively participate in Github-based workflows for software development and customization.
- Create local technical documentation.
- Code testing routines and strategies.
- Deploy applications using configuration management tools.
- Define metadata mappings and workflows.
- Liaise with project partners.
- Promote the project to the larger community.
- Experience with application development in at least one major programming language such as Ruby, Python, or Java.
- Familiarity with the Ruby on Rails stack or similar technology stacks.
- Demonstrated knowledge of server deployment and administration.
- Ability to quickly learn and use new technologies.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team-based environment.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation.
For this position, we are willing to consider a telecommuting arrangement of up to 80% (4 days a week) depending on the candidate's experience and qualifications.
The internship salary is $22/hr.
To be eligible you must:
- Be 30 years of age or younger
- Have attended some or all post-secondary education
- Meet the criteria for employment in Canada
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 16:30 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC