DescriptionThe University of Waterloo Library seeks an innovative, dynamic and service oriented
professional to assume Digital Archivist responsibilities in Special Collections & Archives.
Reporting to the department Head, the Digital Archivist will play a key role in planning and
implementing a robust digitization program for the department. The incumbent will also work
with Special Collections & Archives staff in providing research and information services to the
Library community and beyond.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- taking the lead in planning, scheduling, documenting, and implementing standards and processes to improve digital discovery and support long-term preservation and access to digital archival materials
- leading initiatives to convert existing text, audiovisual and analog materials to digital formats and is responsible for the establishment, documentation and implementation of processing procedures necessary to maintain intellectual and physical control of the digital collections
- establishing policies and workflows for accessioning, describing, preserving and accessing born-digital materials
- working closely with the Digital Repository Librarian and appropriate librarians and staff across the Library, to establish digital preservation policies and workflows for organizing and maintaining locally hosted content, including electronic theses & dissertations, commercially purchased and locally housed e books and e-serials and content housed n institutional repositories and in identifying and exploring new platforms and technologies which allow greater accessibility to the collections
- performing archival work relating to the accessioning, arrangement, description, longterm preservation and provision of access to incoming born-digital and digitized materials
How to apply
Published: Thursday, September 17, 2015 13:18 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC