Web Services Specialist
Mississippi State University Libraries — Starkville
0 other recent jobs
Created: July 1, 2015
- Maintains existing and creates new web applications including database programming, multimedia development and web editing;
- assists the Library Web Sites Manager with concept design, content delivery and exploring/recommending emerging technologies and services that will benefit the library program;
- provides technical support, training and development for a variety of existing applications (Student Time Clock, Virtual Reference application, MAGNOLIA, Book Orders Online, Microsoft SharePoint);
- Develops and maintains mobile web applications;
- works with Library Web Team to ensure appropriate web site ADA compliance;
- supervises student workers and manages student payroll for Web Services team;
- tracks, analyzes and reports on current web usage statistics;
- performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field;
- one year related experience in maintaining and developing web-related applications.
- .NET experience and experience working in an academic library environment;
- experience with maintaining and deploying virtual servers within VM Ware;
- working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Services and active directory;
- MacOS and Linux experience or any equivalent combination of related experience and/or education training approved by the Human Resources Department.
- experience with various database systems including MySQL and Microsoft SQL;
- must be familiar with Internet protocols, web-based authentication methods and proxy servers in order to manage the site and maintain a high level of security for various databases and websites;
- understanding of web standards and accessibility as defined by the W3C;
- strong interpersonal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 13:34 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC