DescriptionThe University Library at UIC is seeking a Web Applications Developer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative web developer to help us unite and build our web presence. This web developer will work with the Senior Digital Library Applications Developer, and other Library IT staff to develop, implement, and maintain web-based library systems.
Within an Agile development framework, the web developer will contribute to each stage of the project lifecycle, from project planning with stakeholders, to writing top-notch code, collecting and integrating user feedback, creating effective tests, and writing quality documentation.
Join Chicago's largest public research university in developing cutting-edge library resources for the public good. This is a great opportunity to gain further experience with cutting-edge web development tools, in an energetic, supportive, creative, and forward-thinking environment.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Develop and implement applications, databases and web services for the Library’s web presence.
- Write fully accessible and responsive HTML user interfaces.
- Fully document code and processes.
- Write tests to be used in continuous integration processes.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or a closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 1 year experience developing web-based applications.
- Database-driven web application development.
- Web-centric languages such as PHP, Python, Java, and/or Ruby.
This position is part of the Information Technology Division of the UIC University Library. To apply and see the full position description and list of qualifications, see https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=53071
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 21:07 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC