The Barnes Foundation is seeking a Web Developer to program and manage the Barnes website and microsites, working cross-organizationally as necessary to ensure functionality, ease of use across all platforms, and seamless coordination among the Foundation’s various web assets. The web developer works closely with the Director of Marketing and Graphic Designer to ensure a coherent brand, and to increase public visibility for the Foundation through digital applications.
Established as an educational institution the Barnes Foundation carries out its mission by promoting appreciation of the arts and horticultural science, through the preservation, presentation, and interpretation of the collections of Albert C. and Laura L. Barnes.
Celebrated for its exceptional breadth, depth, and quality, the Barnes Foundation's art collection includes works by some of the greatest European and American masters of impressionism, post-impressionist, and early modern art, as well as African sculpture, Pennsylvania German decorative arts, Native American textiles, metalwork, and more. The 12-acre Arboretum contains over 3,000 species of woody plants and trees.
The Foundation engages diverse audiences through its exceptional collections and related high-quality programs that reflect a broad range of periods and cultures and build on the founders’ innovative educational vision of transforming lives through the arts and horticulture.
- Assumes responsibility for programming and modifying the Barnes Foundation website including updating or building associated microsites.
- Builds interactive and engaging guest experiences that communicate seamlessly with backend business systems
- Develops overall plan to identify and utilize best practice and technology across digital platforms based on market trends and best practices.
- Works with graphic designer to ensure website maintains and enhances the Barnes Foundation brand identity.
- Works with Director of Marketing and Graphic Designer to implement online ads and other marketing material.
- Incorporates Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media Optimization (SMO) into website and other online platforms.
- Troubleshoots and debugs the website.
- Reviews statistics and monitors website analytics.
- Improves and streamlines content workflow and systems.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or relevant field
- 3-5 years’ experience developing and maintaining websites
- Familiarity with digital design principles
- Proficiency in backend languages like PHP and C#
- Proficiency in designing for three-tier architectures like MVC
- Proficiency with HTML5 and CSS3 and awareness of cross-browser safe implementations
- Able to program and consume RESTful and RPC-based Web APIs
- Able to install, configure, and manage a CMS system like Drupal, Joomla, ModX, and WordPress
- Ability to perform in a stack-agnostic environment with legacy and new installations
- Experience with SQL programming, data transformation, database design, installation, and maintenance
- Experience with agile design methodologies
- Ability to program for telemetry collection, including the use of reporting tools like Google Analytics
- Understanding of Website security features and programs
- Continued awareness of new developments and best practices in Web Development
Group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; short and long term disability and group life insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
Please include your cover letter, a list of three professional references and resume with your application. Applications that fail to fulfill this requirement will not be accepted.
How to apply
Published: Friday, May 15, 2015 19:29 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC