DescriptionDigital Library Federation, Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)
The Digital Library Federation seeks an enterprising and organized Program Associate to support DLF’s vibrant practitioner community and the collaborative work of our member organizations, which include libraries, museums, publishers, and allied groups. This position reports to the Director of the DLF and will combine administrative and logistical responsibilities with opportunities for deep, interest-driven engagement with a variety of CLIR and DLF programs and initiatives.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, including full health coverage, liberal leave and other employment policies, and a generous retirement plan. Salary range for this position starts at $45,000 per annum. Preference will be given to candidates who can work at least part time in CLIR’s Washington, D.C. offices, but remote working arrangements are possible. Review of applications will begin immediately, with a desired start-date in late June or early July.
- Programmatic business administration, including processing reimbursements and invoices for program and project expenses, outside guests, and affiliated events.
- Logistics support for the annual DLF Forum and other meetings related to DLF programs. This includes event planning in collaboration with CLIR staff, managing our online registration system, providing participant support, updating websites, and coordinating evaluation of events.
- DLF Website maintenance and content creation. This includes proactive updating and maintaining calendars and DLF’s WordPress site, regular posting of job openings and relevant news/announcements, and periodic updating or adding of new content and interest group/collaboration pages in collaboration with DLF community volunteers.
- DLF communications and outreach. This includes close collaboration with CLIR colleagues and lively administration of our social media accounts, DLF listerv, and online communities. Requires knowledge of organizational use of a wide variety of social media tools and a desire to engage in a friendly and helpful way with members online and sometimes in person.
- Occasional assistance with related programs, including the CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program, DLF E-Research Network and other curricular/training initiatives, Digitizing Special Collections, Leading Change Institute, etc., in a collaborative and collegial environment at CLIR.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with administrative work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with website and content management systems (WordPress and Plone preferred) or proven ability to learn quickly
- Social media and communications experience
- Ability to travel occasionally and represent DLF well at conferences, meetings, and other events
- Experience/background in DLF-related fields: libraries, archives, museum studies, digital humanities, data science, and/or information science.
- Basic knowledge of XHTML/CSS and PHP and good design instincts
- Desire to learn about and contribute to the digital library community
The Digital Library Federation (www.diglib.org) is a member organization established in 1995 and hosted and supported by the non-profit Council on Library and Information Resources (www.clir.org). CLIR is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity. We especially encourage applications to this position by people of color and members of other under-represented groups.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume or CV in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “DLF Program Associate application.”
How to apply
Published: Friday, May 15, 2015 18:55 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:41 UTC