AIP Publishing, a leading publisher in the STM market seeks a Web Designer/Developer who will be responsible for the development and implementation of engaging online design, visual development, interactive design, and the branding of company products/services. The Web Designer/Developer will participate in the design and architecture of complex software solutions by meeting with end users to determine project requirements and translating these requirements into technical designs and specifications. The Web Designer/Developer will design user interfaces that are intuitive and cross-browser compatible, capitalizing on new technologies to enhance site performance and system functionality.
- Manage completion of projects and work with internal customer to ensure satisfaction
- Collaborate with Business Owners, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to create world-class web design that improves user experience and maintains consistent branding across AIP Publishing web properties.
- Design web and mobile experiences from initial concept, storyboarding and wire framing, to design and hand-off to development.
- Develop code that is cross-browser/cross-platform UI compatible; troubleshoot associated issues.
- Deliver solutions that are accessible for web and mobile devices
- Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards, modern web browser capabilities, compatibility issues, W3C standards compliance and accessibility issues.
- Ensure that our web experience remains cutting edge and industry leading, all while maintaining a cohesive modern aesthetic and clean look/feel in all design elements
- Write and update proper documentation for applications and systems developed or implemented and customized
- Create, or outsource creation of, web–related marketing materials (online ads, landing pages, etc.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A thorough understanding of graphic design, web design, internet technologies, human interaction, user-experience, user-interface, e-commerce site design, and development is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in Scientific, Technical, and Medical (STM) publishing is highly desired.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; strong experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) as well as Flash.
- Experience working with version control systems such as Subversion, Git, or TFS. Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative/team environment.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Ability to project manage and juggle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have a strong web design portfolio of past work to show
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to Madelene Jean-Baptiste at email@example.com
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 18:10 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC