Software Developer – Digital Archiving
Created: August 27, 2012
Tessella Abingdon0 other recent jobs
DescriptionTo support our continuing growth and success, we have a vacancy for a Software Engineer to develop and support what is expected to become the largest national digital archiving system in the world, holding materials of national and global importance.
Working as part of a large, experienced team, you will enjoy a varied, challenging and rewarding role. This is an exciting opportunity to make a really valuable contribution to the continued development of an award-winning digital preservation solution. The role involves:
- Working closely with our clients to understand the business issues and challenges they face.
- Working within small teams to help identify clients’ requirements and design and develop innovative software solutions.
- Being involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Using software engineering best practice to deliver software of the highest quality to our clients.
- Staying at the forefront of the latest technologies using your annual training allowance of 150 hours.
- We will provide you with the support and training that you need to succeed in your job and further your career. The position offers an excellent salary and benefits package, and has attractive future prospects. Depending on your experience, you can expect to earn $60,000 to $85,000.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team. You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree (GPA 3.5+), MS or PhD in computer science or software engineering.
- At least one year’s experience of object-oriented programming, ideally in Java.
- Any experience or knowledge of content management systems would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Founded in 1980, Tessella is an international provider of scientific software engineering and consulting services. World leading organizations choose our unique blend of science, engineering and sector expertise to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions to complex real-world commercial and technical challenges. Tessella has been the world leader in providing digital preservation services and solutions over the past decade. Our Safety Deposit Box platform has won multiple awards including the Queens Award for Innovation in 2011.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC