Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian
Created: April 8, 2015
Bridgewater State University Bridgewater, Massachusetts0 other recent jobs
DescriptionBridgewater State University seeks an innovative, creative and service-oriented professional for the position of Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian. This is a MSCA tenure track, library faculty position. The successful candidate will coordinate, manage, and lead all collection development activities and acquisition processes while reporting to the Director of Library Services.
Manage the selection, assessment, and acquisitions of resources in all formats. Coordinate library liaison activities between the library and campus. Manage the annual materials budget and purchasing for library resources in all formats; track statistics and spending projections. Work with publishers and vendors to manage database subscriptions, purchase orders, and electronic licensing agreements, as well as resolve problems as needed. Stay current on changes in the development, evaluation, and management of information resources through participation in electronic-based discussions, review of professional literature, and attendance at professional meetings and conferences. Work with library colleagues to set policies, workflows, and procedures, as well as represent the library on campus and/or regional committees.
• Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
• Minimum three years of relevant experience pertaining to acquisitions and collection development.
• Supervisory experience in an academic library environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with automated library systems, usage tools, and vender management tools.
• Experience with electronic resources, digital rights management and standards.
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, faculty and staff in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
• Second Master’s degree in relevant subject area (second master’s degree required for promotion beyond associate librarian rank).
• Knowledge of the publishing industry and copyright issues.
• Familiarity using Voyager ILS or other library management systems.
Bridgewater State University, currently celebrating its 175th anniversary, has acted as a pioneer institute in the field of teacher education since its founding in 1840. With nearly 12,000 students and over 90 areas of study, both undergraduate and graduate, BSU is the third largest public university in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Its 272 acre campus is home to 38 academic, administrative and residential buildings, as well as a newly opened satellite campus on Cape Cod. BSU is situated in the heart of Southeastern Massachusetts and provides a small town setting, yet is only a short commute away from popular destinations such as Boston, Providence, RI and Cape Cod.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 16:30 UTC