Web Developer 2
Created: March 31, 2015
University of Houston Houston0 other recent jobs
DescriptionDevelops, maintains, and performs other technical duties in support of the University of Houston Libraries. Provides advanced web skills in the areas of interface design, accessibility, utilization and application integration. This position reports to the Web Projects Manager located in M.D. Anderson Library.
Additional Job Duties:
- Provides expertise in web design to develop the accessibility, functionality and enhance the design of web services within the Libraries
- Executes procedures and standards for web accessibility, utilization, quality assurance, and design within the Web Services development environment
- Collaborates with developers to integrate and manage automated web content and services
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new web technologies for use within the Libraries
- Acts as a team player within the Libraries.
- Experience generating and maintaining documentation
- Familiarity with cross platform compatibility and accessibility testing
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to formulate options and recommend solutions
- Experience with Fedora Repository or other related digital repositories
- Experience working with library and/or higher education users
- Experience working with a MVC framework
- Experience developing in Drupal
- Experience incorporating multimedia within complex systems; familiarity with multimedia formats and media usage rights issues
- Experience developing for a mobile environment
- Experience with web-based library systems such as discovery search tools, OpenURL resolvers, digital libraries, or institutional repositories
Salary: $3,442 - $4,388 /month
Posted March 13, 2015 and open until filled.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC