DescriptionThe Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF) is offering a 12-week paid internship with the museum’s digital archive team during the summer of 2015 The candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience in a digital archive, as well as collections management of CHF’s collections of scientific artifacts and fine art. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Collections Manager and Registrar on a survey of the museum’s existing digital assets in preparation of a new digitization initiative
- Catalog artifacts found in collections backlog.
- Assist as needed in other aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Museum Group.
- Currently enrolled or recently completed study in a graduate program, majoring in library science, digital humanities, museum studies, archives, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of databases and/or collection management systems, preferably Past Perfect and Microsoft Access.
- Interest in working with museum collections, particularly objects.
- Knowledge of proper artifact handling techniques is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of archives, public history or museum work.
- Strong written communications and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully work independently.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 40 pounds.
How to apply
Published: Friday, March 13, 2015 18:54 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC