Junior Web Developer
The Yiddish Book Center seeks a Junior Web Developer to help maintain and expand the operation of its online presence. This position is located in Amherst, MA.
As we further the work of rescuing, translating and disseminating Yiddish books and presenting innovative educational programs that broaden understanding of modern Jewish identity, the integration of online engagement and digital media are essential. The Junior Developer will be a critical part of making this happen. Housed in an architecturally distinctive building adjacent to the campus of Hampshire College in Amherst, MA, the Center offers an intellectually stimulating, reflective, and creative environment where you can greatly enrich your life and your career.
- Creating web page layouts and formatting content;
- writing, testing, and deploying code;
- maintaining clear and effective information architecture;
- integration of new online media and general web tools with our website;
- training staff on tools;
- working with digital vendors;
- light graphic design.
Desired qualifications and skills:
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience;
- Experience configuring Convio forms (preferred) or other CRMs;
- Experience working with Drupal sites;
- Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP;
- Work with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle;
- Excellent at problem solving;
- Good written and verbal communication and teamwork skills;
- Interested in keeping up on the latest industry trends and tools.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC