Senior Library Systems Analyst
Created: August 26, 2012
Lehigh University Bethlehem0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThis position performs professional and technical duties in support of the digital library and library applications & systems. This position provides business analysis functions for library management applications, provides system administration for Linux-based application servers, and manages the Library's Drupal powered website. This position will serve as the technical contact for Kuali OLE and third-party library applications.
Manage and support systems for direct user access to online electronic library materials.
- Supports third-party systems for access such as Open URL (SFX) and Proxy (Ezproxy), eXtensible Catalog NCIP Toolkit
- Provides support as technical contact for Kuali OLE troubleshooting
- Administers production-level server operating systems and software requirements needed for third-party systems to function
Manage and support systems for digital library (DL) and special collections access and content management
- Administers production-level server operating systems and software requirements needed for DL systems to function
- Manages and supports CONTENTdm software
- Manages storage devices, access, permissions, authentication, and project resources for DL and Special Collections projects
- Installs and tests software updates for DL systems
Manage and support Drupal content management system for Library website and blog
- Administers production-level server operating systems and software requirements needed for third-party systems to function.
- Write code to integrate modules, content, or external applications with Drupal interface
- Manages access and permissions for Library staff to maintain content
- Partners with Digital Library Technologist on integration of web design elements
Perform business analysis functions for library management applications, including Kuali OLE, VuFind, and Digital Library.
- Document business requirements in acquiring, cataloging, managing, and delivering library collections
- Document and implement workflow requirements to support staff use of Kuali OLE
- Document data requirements to integrate VuFind discovery interface with Kuali OLE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five years related work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills with experience with system/programming techniques, specifically in Linux, Drupal, PHP, and MySQL, as well as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Additional experience with Java, Oracle, CONTENTdm, SFX preferred but not required
- Ability to create complex documents, spreadsheet analysis, and advanced graphics
- Ability to create and manipulate databases
- Ability to program at an intermediate level
- Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC