DescriptionThe Digital Scholarship Services Manager in the Brown University Library oversees the projects and facilities managed by the Center for Digital Scholarship (CDS) for the Brown community. Working with colleagues from Digital Technologies and Research and Outreach Services, the Digital Scholarship Services Manager coordinates day-to-day Library work on faculty research projects, grant-funded digital publications initiatives, and research data services. The Digital Scholarship Services Manager supervises the Data Visualization Coordinator and Information Designer, works with Library colleagues to ensure that resources are appropriately allocated to digital scholarship projects, and plans for ongoing project maintenance and assessment. Additionally, the Digital Scholarship Services Manager is responsible for the administration, promotion, and ongoing support for several technology-enhanced spaces, and ensures that digital scholarship facilities effectively meet the needs of the Brown community.
• Master degree or higher in the humanities or social sciences, or, degree in library or information science with a focus on digital scholarship or data curation.
• Significant and progressively responsible experience engaging with and managing digital scholarly activities in the humanities, arts, and/or social sciences at an academic institution.
• Experience in managing and supervising others.
• Demonstrated understanding of the scholarly applications of digital tools (e.g. GIS, visualization tools), metadata standards (e.g. Dublin Core, MODS) and data encoding standards (e.g., TEI).
• Familiarity with common web publishing tools (e.g., Drupal, Omeka)
• Ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, faculty, staff and students.
• Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
• Experience with agile project management techniques for digital projects.
Background Check - Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Digital Scholarship Services Manager
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact Employment@Brown.edu.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, national origin, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
How to apply
Published: Monday, February 23, 2015 18:35 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC