DescriptionAgency Specific Application Procedures: All applications must be submitted online at www.jobs.sc.gov
We are looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for collaboration with our Information Technology Division and public service librarians.
The UX Designer will:
1. Manage, maintain, and update the agency’s current webpage. Create, modify, and remove pages as needed. Create, assist, and modify web based forms. Troubleshoot website problems. Recommend website procedures and guidelines.
2. Conceptualize, design, prototype, develop, test and iteratively improve highly usable web applications.
3. Apply current and emerging web design techniques and frameworks to enable successful integration with real-time information feeds, local and distributed databases, multimedia content repositories, and web services.
4. Be adept at leveraging and integrating off-the-shelf and open source technologies, and at identifying when and how customized tools and solutions must be developed.
5. Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationales visually, verbally, and in writing, with user advocacy a constant priority.
6. Creates visually appealing graphics, logos, images and related design elements for agency publications.
7. Facilitate periodic onsite support and training for member libraries.
8. Continuously improve appearance, accessibility, use, friendliness, and performance of the website.
Minimum Requirement and Additional Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree and experience in automated information or communication system design, installation, operation, or marketing. Related experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
Desired skills and experience:
• Understanding of common software project management and development practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation and problem solving skills
• Excellent Design/Creativity Skills
• Motion graphics design and production
• Familiarity with video editing and/or video creation
• Ability to analyze and reduce to logical order complex technical data
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, news media design or related design field
Candidate must have and or be able to develop the following:
• Experience with user interface design patterns
• Knowledgeable of popularly used social media apps and websites. Possess an understanding of photography, or a desire to learn photography.
Work occurs in a typical office environment and is primarily sedentary. Some travel is required.
A portfolio to accompany your resume.
If you should have questions or concerns about the job posting, please contact Jessica E. Cornish, Human Resources and Program Coordinator at (803) 734-8656.
How to apply
Jessica E. Cornish
Published: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 17:18 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC