Associate University Librarian for Scholarly Communications
Created: February 3, 2015
University of Texas at Arlington Arlington0 other recent jobs
DescriptionThe Associate University Librarian for Scholarly Communications reports to the Dean of Libraries, contributes to the overall strategic direction and operation of the Libraries as a member of the University Libraries Dean’s Council, and will provide leadership to the Director for Scholarly Communication and multiple Libraries’ departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate as a senior administrator in the overall management of the library.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic plan, in conjunction with the Dean and other leaders, and ensure that the library is meeting the vision and mission of the university.
• Provide Libraries’ staff with professional development opportunities, motivation, and leadership.
• Develop library services to more effectively meet the present and future needs of the campus community we serve.
• Maintains awareness about current and emerging trends in scholarly communication and cultivates and promotes new and progressive models of scholarly communication.
• Initiates university-wide discussion on scholarly communication, collection assessment, and outreach activities and represents the Libraries in campus-wide planning for scholarly communications initiatives.
• Performs other duties assigned.
• ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent advanced degree
• Documented history of risk taking in development of library or academic programs, spaces, collections, and/or services.
• Proven commitment to perpetual beta and supporting staff in innovation.
• Three years of experience in developing scholarly communication programs, services, and outreach
• Three years of project or functional leadership experiences in an academic library
• Experience developing effective campus partnerships
• Demonstrated record of professional engagement through presentations, scholarship, and/or professional service.
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Successful leadership in the development of a robust data services program.
• Experience managing technology teams that are implementing a variety of software to advance open access and dissemination, such as OJS, OCS, repositories, and a digital press.
• Marketing experience, preferably in a university or library environment
• National and/or international involvement in technology developments inside and outside of higher education.
• Experience with grant writing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Value staff development and diversity and demonstrate that value through past experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to UT Arlington Libraries’ core values of community; learning, discovery, and knowledge creation; excellence; risk-taking and innovation; transparency of communication and integrity of action; service; collaboration; and flexibility.
• Professional development, conferences, and training may require travel and/or overnight accommodations.
• May work some night, weekend, or holiday hours.
• Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
• May work around standard office conditions.
• This is a non-tenure position.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC