DescriptionThe University of Texas at Arlington Libraries is looking for a highly entrepreneurial individual with the experience to expand websites, explore new platforms, and supervise other web staff. Our web development team is responsible for developing and maintaining various websites associated with the UTA Libraries (library.uta.edu); using various technologies, including HTML, CSS, Drupal and Omeka to complete projects; while performing a high level of service for internal and external customers.
• Provide vision and leadership in designing, developing and supporting the Libraries’ main website and integrating it with the larger library web presence which includes discovery tools, digital collections, electronic resources and other web services;
• Write advanced web authoring code and develop databases that dynamically deliver content for the Libraries multiple websites and digital collections;
• Actively explore new and emerging technologies, recommending and implementing best practices for an academic library environment;
• Maximize access to and use of the Libraries digital collections and other web services through web design that improves discoverability ;
• Works closely with library and campus IT in regards to the Libraries’ Drupal Content Management System and library servers.
Qualifications and requirements:
• 2 years' experiencing building and modifying websites;
• Experience with Drupal or other CMS platforms preferred;
• Familiarity with HTML, PHP, CSS;
• BA or BS in related field;
• Experience supervising web or database developers;
• Entrepreneurial spirit, high sense of urgency, and flexibility;
• Strong communication skills.
Please submit applications at http://tinyurl.com/k3lwu4o and include a letter of interest and a resume. Final candidate/s are required to supply a list of professional references with contact information.
Finalists will make a formal presentation of two prior projects to the hiring committee. The successful candidate will be required to work some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
Apply online http://tinyurl.com/k3lwu4o. The posting will close no later than March 9, 2015.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC