DescriptionJohn P. McConnell Library at Radford University seeks a collaborative, user-centered Head of Library Technology to provide leadership to a highly committed and outstanding technology department.
The Head of Library Technology brings vision and expertise to planning, developing, implementing and maintaining robust information technology supporting the library’s mission. The position administers and supervises the department and manages library technology budgets and purchases.
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree and at least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in information technology management and supervision of staff
- Extensive IT administration and management experience in academic libraries, and on a diverse variety of IT platforms
- Extensive experience with integrated library systems, networking, server management and the programming essential to a technologically robust academic library
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to facilitate technical communication among a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in collaborative project management in applying innovative technologies to enhance library services
- Enthusiasm and deep understanding of the role and possibilities of technology in the teaching, learning, and research pursuits of a medium-sized university.
- Broad range of experience and expertise in a wide variety of library technologies including: operating systems, web design and management, scripting, enterprise databases, content management systems, digital asset repositories design and management
- Demonstrated ability to prepare successful grant proposals for technology projects
- IT degree.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applicants must apply online at https://jobs.radford.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51161 to be considered for the position.
Radford University is a comprehensive, state-supported institution focused on providing outstanding academic programs in a student-centered environment. The university is well known for its strong faculty/student bonds and innovative use of technology in the learning environment. Radford is located by the New River in the scenic mountains of Southwest Virginia, 40 miles from Roanoke.
All new hires to Radford University are subject to E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. Radford University is an EO/AA employer committed to diversity.
How to apply
Published: Thursday, August 16, 2012 02:55 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC