Descriptionhe Moth is an acclaimed not-for-profit organization dedicated to the art and craft of storytelling. Through its ongoing programs—The Moth Mainstage, The Moth StorySLAMs, The Moth Community & Education Programs, and Moth Corporate Programs—The Moth has presented more than ten thousand stories, told live and without notes, to standing-room-only crowds worldwide. The Moth podcast and Peabody Award-winning The Moth Radio Hour, are downloaded over 1.5M weekly and its book, The Moth: 50 True Stories is an international bestseller.
About The Moth's Archive:
The Moth's archive is comprised of over 17 years of audio, photo, video and related digital information. The intelligent storage and easy retrieval of this data is central to the efficiency of the organization and all areas of the Moth's administration rely on its effective management.
The System Manager's Responsibilities:
This positionwill oversee the management of the Moth's digital media and event archives. We're looking for someone who can ensure that the cloud technologies we're using work smoothly together. This position will work with the Moth's various departments to develop and implement organizational strategies, policies and best practices, to help support the unique work they do. This position will also be responsible for managing the maintenance of all organizational technological hardware in concert with one outside IT consultant and will report directly to the Executive Director.
Archival & Operational Duties:
- Maintains and updates The Moth's digital archive.
- Manages The Moth's various cloud services such as[[http:BOX.com|BOX.com]], Salesforce, Google Drive and CloudHQ, while advocating for opportunities and solutions which are uniquely provided by these services and related metadata.
- Oversees The Moth's data portion of our risk preparedness. Reviews and implements security policies.
- Oversees Salesforce data entries from all departments and helps to maintain proper naming conventions and avoid lapses in data entry.
- Will foster relationships and partnerships with libraries and educational institutes in support of our archival mission.
- Meets regularly with the Executive Director to review major projects.
- Maintains operational workflows by studying department methods within the organization; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
- Trains and educates all staff on new technologies by providing information, tutorials, and one-on-one sessions where needed.
- Ensures the continuing operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- You see inefficiency as an enemy and love to solve problems. You enjoy taking a difficult system and simplifying it with creative solutions. You don't get flustered easily. If you don't know how something works you'll explore it until you do.
- You see narrative arcs in workflows.
- You get a deep sense of personal and philosophical satisfaction from organizing large and small spaces, like closets.
- You pay attention to the details and believe if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right.
- You never lose sight of the forest for the trees.
- You learn quickly and enjoy learning new skills. When problems outgrow their solutions you don't keep reaching for the same hammer. You want to help enable other people to do their jobs even better.
- You never use the phrase, "because that's how it has always been done."
- You can explain just about anything to anyone and are comfortable forming relationships in writing or over the phone.
- You love storytelling.
The Moth is an equal opportunity employer
The Moth seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at The Moth are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Moth brings storytelling opportunities to people from a variety of communities. Candidates with a commitment to supporting diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC