DescriptionDigital Library Software Developer - West Lafayette - Libraries(Job Number: 1402464)
The Digital Library Software Developer is responsible for gathering requirements, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining software to support digital curation and research data services, in particular, for the Purdue University Research Repository (PURR, http://purr.purdue.edu), which is based on HUBzero.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology, Computer Science, Library and Information Science, or a related field.
- Proficiency in gathering requirements and evaluating, designing, developing, and implementing software.
- Demonstrated ability of analysis, problem-solving, documentation, and communication.
- Knowledge of computer programming and scripting languages, web design, software development lifecycle, databases and information systems.
- Ability to identify and learn relevant technologies, standards, and practices in digital libraries.
- Demonstrated mastery of one programming language.
- Leadership competencies include: teamwork, initiative, and innovation.
- Analyze data and use sound judgment to make decisions.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Communicate effectively and clearly in both written and oral forms.
- Interpersonal competencies include: effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Efficient management of time, utilizing excellent time and project management.
- Analysis of data and use of sound judgment to make decisions.
- Completion of work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective and clear communication.
- Development of specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Ability to build productive and respectful relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Customer service competencies include: ability to build and respond courteously and effectively to customer needs; ability to addresses shortfalls and problems in service delivery; ability to share solutions and improvements with others.
- Change management competencies include: ability to adjust productively to and communicate about change; ability to explore and try new ideas, methods, and approaches; ability to suggest changes that fit wth unit/Libraries strategic plans.
- Performance development competencies include: ability to take initiative to learn new knowledge and skills; receptive to feedback and takes appropriate action in response; productively applies new knowledge and skills.
- Teamwork and collaboration competencies include: skill to communicate productively about group decisions; ability to treat coworkers with respect; ability to contribute productively to group/unit results.
- Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds frequently and 20 pounds occasionally.
- Experience with PHP, Joomla, Java, Perl, and/or MySQL.
- Experience working with library or knowledge management systems.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC