DescriptionThe College of Western Idaho seeks a creative, enthusiastic librarian to play an integral role in building and maintaining a vibrant and user-friendly suite of electronic resources at a young, rapidly growing community college library. The position will work closely with the Director and other library staff to create and realize a vision of the ideal academic library, with a particular focus on electronic resources management. The successful candidate will be challenged to optimize the Library’s web presence, ILS, online databases, and ebook/ejournal collection, to integrate electronic resources across campus, and to ensure ongoing continuous improvement. The position will also participate in reference, instruction, and collection development activities.
The College of Western Idaho, the first community college in southwestern Idaho, was established in 2007 and began offering courses in 2009. The institution offers expansive opportunities for professional growth and development in a welcoming community. CWI Library emphasizes agility and innovation in support of the teaching and learning goals of the college.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a hiring range of $35,200 to $44,500.
- Manage the library’s web presence using Drupal, LibGuides, and social media, and in coordination with library staff and the campus Communications department.
- Oversee all aspects of electronic resources acquisition and stewardship, including vendor negotiations, licensing, renewal, configuration, optimization, technical support, and assessment for the Library’s ILS, online databases, and ebook/ejournal collection.
- Collaborate with the campus IT department to ensure optimal user authentication for library electronic resources.
- Monitor trends in electronic resources and emerging technologies to make creative recommendations for improvements and future directions.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with research questions in person and via email, chat, and phone.
- Provide information literacy instruction for individuals and courses.
- Select and recommend the purchase of print and electronic resources to increase the library’s collection in designated areas.
- Convey by words and actions the values expected by CWI. Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program (in hand or anticipated by December 2012)
- Experience in the management or configuration of electronic resources
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently, solve problems creatively, and take initiative with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of current trends and techniques in librarianship
- Experience with OCLC’s WorldShare Management Services, WorldCat Local, Knowledge Base link resolver, EZProxy Hosted authentication service, LibGuides, Question Point and/or DrupalAcademic library experience
- Public services experience
- Higher education teaching experience
- Track record of innovation and creativity in providing library services
Published: Monday, August 6, 2012 23:58 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC