DescriptionNYU Health Sciences Library (http://hsl.med.nyu.edu) welcomes applicants for the position of Knowledge Management Librarian, a faculty appointment in the NYU School of Medicine reporting to the library’s Associate Director for Research, Education, and Clinical Support.
The Knowledge Management Librarian will focus on research data management and knowledge support services throughout the NYU Langone Medical Center and with colleagues in allied areas across the university.
- Develop services and tools to promote and support research data management, access, and sharing
- Develop outlets for and provide instruction on data management best practices through online modules, group, and individual instruction
- Contribute as an integral part of a team in varied research data management activities and services
- Provide dedicated knowledge support services to particular department(s)/unit(s) (to be determined) through the Library Liaison Program
- Provide expert-level knowledge management assistance through Library online user support systems
- Develop and curate subject- and discipline-specific research guides, as needed
- Serve as key communication link between library users needs and IT/technical teams in the development and implementation of data and knowledge management solutions.
- Serve on library teams, committees and/or task forces as appropriate
- Serve on Medical Center committees and/or task forces as appropriate
- Conduct and present appropriate library- and informatics-related research
- Master’s degree in library/information science, informatics, computer science, or related fields
- Working knowledge of and aptitude for technologies relevant to research, knowledge management, or other relevant biomedical areas
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and instruction skills
- Enthusiasm for working closely with varied users in a dynamic academic medical center environment
- Adept at working in a highly collaboratively team environment
- Flexible, intellectually curious, and willing and able to take initiative
- Commitment to professional development and contributing to library/information science and biomedical informatics research
- Advanced knowledge and skills in research data management
- Experience analyzing, manipulating, or repurposing data with at least one programming language
- Knowledge of metadata standards, ontologies, and common data elements
- Experience with at least one of the following: Fedora repository, Drupal, UNIX environments, PHP/Perl programming, MySQL
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:42 UTC