DescriptionThe digital collection coordinator will, as a full-time on premise staff member, assist in effectively creating and managing the digitization of historical and genealogical content for NEHGS websites. Additionally, this position will ensure that SQL based digital collections are stable, well-designed, effective, up-to-date and properly maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with multiple digital database and OCR/Imaging projects, tracking timeliness of projects and ensuring that all phases of the project and life cycle are met.
- Respond to customer correspondence regarding database updates and corrections.
- Use NEHGS’s web content management system (Ektron) to manage digitized assets.
- Use SQL Server Management Studio to create queries, reports, and make database modifications.
- Assist in the planning, organizing and managing of the digital databases and OCR/Imaging projects, including interaction with staff, and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to stay focused on complex projects, while retaining a high degree of attention to detail.
- Experience working with SQL Server 2008/2010 and the SQL Server Management Studio.
- Strong Excel skills, including familiarity with the MS Office object model and creation of VBA macros.
- Strong familiarity with digital image processing concepts and tools.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and solving system problems.
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively with both technical staff and end-users; excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work independently, as well as teaming with other IT staff members and vendors.
How to apply
Published: Wednesday, August 1, 2012 18:11 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:46 UTC