Created: August 28, 2014
Anythink Libraries Thornton0 other recent jobs
DescriptionPosting open until September 15, 2014
Job Title: Anythink Information Technology Manager
Business Unit: Information Technology
Salary Range: $60,000 - $75,000
Job Type: Full-time; exempt
Anythink libraries are hubs for innovation – and our staff and customer need tools to create and innovate. That's where you come in. You use your tech savvy skills to ensure the stability and future of our systems. As part of the team that manages the district's technology infrastructure, you are not only an ace at managing server application, databases, virtual machines and backups, but you are a leader to our team and our customers. You use your leadership skills and technical aptitude to keep every server, application and network at Anythink up and running because you know how critical it is that everything runs smoothly for our staff and our community.
Ready to join a bold opportunity to help us take community library services to an entirely new dynamic realm?
Who you are:
• You are a hands-on tech guru; you understand the magic behind the technology and provide expertise for our district
• You are a lot of things to a lot of people-coach, leader, mentor, and manager.
• You have always wanted to work for an organization that strives to innovate through technology
• You understand that collaboration is essential for innovation and that staff are also your customers.
• You are an effective communicator, able to relay pertinent information in user friendly language and are a patient and active listener.
• You're a sleuth at heart, able to analyze problems and research solutions to IT issues and products.
• You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
• You inspire fun in the people around you!
A position you'll love:
• You're great at making connections; you can manage and understand how Active Directory – including Group Policy, account management and MS Exchange – all work together.
• You get MS-SQL, you are able to write and review queries that help our team do their jobs better.
• You are the genius behind the Anythink IT infrastructure. You oversee the installation, modification, and maintenance of virtual hosts and machines, SAN, and enterprise applications (MS-SCCM, MS-SQL) to help keep things running smoothly.
• You have what it takes to tame our Extreme Networks / Cisco infrastructure including our switches and controllers; you may not know all the answers but you have the skills and resources to get us in the right direction.
• You enjoy keeping things tidy and efficient; you have the knowledge and expertise to perform maintenance in a VMware vSphere 4 environment hosting Windows Server 2008 and Ubuntu Linux virtual machines and also has the ability to look forward in the need of upgrading versions such as VMware vSphere 5.5
• You know that Anythink is a place of big ideas – and we want to keep our information safe; you help lead the charge in implementing and maintaining security procedures.
• You are the person that signals "Help is on the way!" and prioritize the projects of the IT team supporting district tech operations at Anythink's seven locations around Adams County.
• You love a good challenge, utilizing your awesome problem-solving skills to look at things from every angle; you're all about efficiency and finding the best solutions for the best value.
• You understand the importance of getting everyone on the same page and help to write and maintain IT documentation and policies.
• You are flexible and reliable to be on call for possible after-hours maintenance, upgrades and emergency weekend needs.
• You are an explorer of new and emerging technologies to support library services.
• You are a wizard at leading various projects and coordinate various tasks with vendors and consultants.
• You have great ideas to share on district committees and enjoy taking a leadership role.
• You have the energy to juggle many tasks with a smile, and you realize you have many people depending on you.
• You demonstrate excellent communication skills with staff, customers, vendors, and district leadership.
• You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor's degree in computer information systems, computer science or equivalent experience. Masters degreed preferred
• 5-7 years' experience with increasing responsibility working with Active Directory and Group Policy
• 2-3 years MS-SQL experience and/or training
• Experience supervising or managing staff in a team environment
• Ability to support library-specific applications, including Integrated Library Systems, print and PC management systems and open-source applications
• Knowledge of filtering, security and firewall applications
• Experience working in a Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications, including Windows 7, Windows 8, Exchange 2010, and Office 2010
• Experience with wide area networks and remote access solutions
• Valid Colorado driver's license and use of personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed)
We are guided by these shared values:
Compassion for our customers and each other
Passion for our product
Eagerness to learn
Optimistic attitude – we believe that anything is possible
Why Anythink Libraries? A job with Anythink is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in helping our customers' access technology, whether they're sitting by the fireplace with a laptop, surfing the Internet, gaming in the teen room or learning something new at one of our many intriguing programs. Your vision for emerging technology will help pave the way for the future of libraries. This job will have you loving Monday mornings again.
Your job will involve your being "on the move" in our libraries: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC