DescriptionWe’re seeking a new Lead Software Engineer (Technical).
We're located in a unique part of Seattle (Fremont), seeking a Lead Software Engineer (Technical) working on creating an enterprise level web scale management application. This a great opportunity to code as well as be involved in looking at the bigger picture.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Key Developer - Work on a team to code an efficient and scalable solution
- Solution Provider - Design strong and reliable technical solutions
- Project Champion - Leading project team when assigned
- Flexible - Flexibility to move between product teams
- Reporter - Providing statuses to stakeholders and managers
- Super SME - Subject matter expert on product and code functionalities
- Expert Estimator - Provide task lists and estimates of project based on specification documents
- Technical Translator - Work closely with technical and non-technical members of the team and organization
What you'll need to be successful:
- 8+ years of Java experience
- 5+ years of T-SQL experience
- Experience with building a CI environment
- Good problem solver with strong analytical and logical skills
- Willing to tackle and understand complex problems
- Proactively seeks and solves problems
- Continuous learning in software development practices
- Broad experience with various open source technologies, including experience with NoSQL, Hadoop, HBase, Solr, Lucene, as well as other various Apache Software Foundation technologies
- Deep experience with Agile development practices, including Scrum, XP, and TDD
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science
- Experience with web design a plus
- Library industry experience big plus
Here’s what you want to know about the Seattle office
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Coffee houses, restaurants and right across the street from Fremont’s best pub
Great benefits: Plus some unique stuff like monthly transportation subsidy, on-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and (well behaved) Fido is welcome
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, and active “Green Team” and good morale
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC