DescriptionThe Alma Support Analyst provides product support to ExLibris customers. Alma Support Analysts are responsible for logging, documenting and resolving questions and problems related to the Unified Resource Management System, Alma. This includes troubleshooting and resolving issues related to the functional aspects of the product.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support internal Support teams: work with other members of the Support Team in North America and Headquarters, Support teams for other products, and other internal customers to troubleshoot Support Incidents, answer questions, and provide deliverables for projects
- Support Development: work with Development to coordinate and facilitate customer feedback for urgent issues. Follow-up with Development to keep abreast of customer issues and meetings to stay informed.
- Support customers: manage personal queue of Support Incidents according to response level guidelines by communicating with customers and solving the reported and underlying problems using your skills and resources; seek help or escalate as appropriate; visit customer sites as needed
- Maintain and improve personal and institutional knowledge: document troubleshooting, create knowledgebase articles, create documentation on functional areas of the product, document procedures, policies, and general knowledge on the Wiki; stay current on all functional aspects of supported products and train other employees as needed
- Serve as point of contact: answer and direct phone calls during assigned phone shifts
- Represent Ex Libris to customers: provide world-class support to customers; maintain a professional demeanor with customers in all interactions; train customers formally and informally as needed; attend customer conferences and meetings as directed
- Help improve products and internal processes: Provide feedback to management and other personnel to improve the products, customer service, and operations; test, verify, document, and submit software defect reports
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Education, Licensing, Certification, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree mandatory.
- Masters Degree in Library or Information Science, or equivalent highly desirable.
- Customer support experience desirable.
- Experience in library service highly desirable.
- Customer service: provide excellent customer service externally and internally
- Troubleshooting: excellent and creative problem-solving skills
- Deliver results: takes initiative, meets customer needs, high standards, multi-tasking
- Fast-paced: works under pressure, manages uncertainty and change well
- Effective communication: communicates well with coworkers, proactive and appropriate customer communication.
Must be able to work any of the Customer Support shifts, during the support hours of 7:00am to 6:00pm
How to apply
Published: Friday, August 8, 2014 20:37 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC