DescriptionThe U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) has three Web Content Specialist vacancies (PG-301-11/12) available for status candidates (current and former Federal civilian employees, as well as merit promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act eligible candidates). The application deadline is July 24, 2014. Amended close date of Thursday, July 31, 2014.
Please see the vacancy announcement on USA Jobs for additional information and how to apply https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/374820900
Job Title:Web Content Specialist
Agency:Government Printing Office
SALARY RANGE: $63,091.00 to $82,019.00 / Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, July 10, 2014 to Thursday, July 24, 2014 Amended to Thursday, July 31, 2014
SERIES & GRADE: PG-0301-11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time - Permanent
DUTY LOCATIONS: 3 vacancies in the following location: Washington DC, DC
WHO MAY APPLY: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Not Applicable
SUPERVISORY STATUS: No
This position is located in Library Services and Content Management (LSCM), Projects and Systems, Systems Team, Washington, DC.
The selectee will work shift 1 and have a tour of duty of 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
LSCM does have a telework policy which allows for some telework; however, currently, the majority of work will be done onsite.
The Office of Projects and Systems is under Library Services and Content Management (LSCM) business unit. The Web Content Team is a section of Projects and Systems with responsibility of managing Web services that support GPO’s information dissemination programs for the Federal Depository Library Programs (FDL libraries) and other GPO stakeholders.
As a Web Content Specialist, the employee must:
· Participates in the planning and development of Web services for the Library Services and Content Management Web services. Under guidance of the Manager, Library Systems, the incumbent works to meet unit and customer requirements. Emphasis is placed on balancing Federal Web guidelines (e.g. Section 508) with cutting-edge Web tools (e.g. CSS, RSS, MySQL, PHP, Podcasts, streaming audio/video, Flash).
· Collaborate with fellow Web designers and unit subject matter experts to upgrade unit Web services from static HTML pages, basic Web forms, and legacy dissemination techniques to database-driven, dynamic, XML-based services based off standards and best practices as well as agency Web guidelines and legislative mandates.
· Strategize, recommend, design, develop, document, and maintain the future state of unit Web services through the utilization of new and emerging tools and technologies.
· Assist in developing documentation of policies and procedures for unit Web services.
· Collect and analyze Web service statistics and makes recommendations based off data collected.
· Work independently on usability studies and testing for unit Web services. Analyzes data collect and make recommendations based on data collected.
· Coordinate closely with Chief Information Officer's (CIO's) organizational components to achieve compatibility and compliance of Web design and user interfaces with GPO Web Design Guidelines, functional and customer requirements, and legislative mandates. Coordinate organizational components to ensure unit Web services integrate with FDsys.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) and/or Competencies required for the position:
· Knowledge of emerging information dissemination technologies and Web content management tools and technologies.
· Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for web design, content management, usability, accessibility and privacy.
· Ability to plan, perform complex projects, programs evaluations, and management studies in order to improve the efficiency and operations of the unit Web services.
· Ability to write documentation for technical and non-technical users (e.g. procedures, instructions, directives).
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
View Occupational Questionnaire: https://applicationmanager.gov/Questionnaire.aspx?ID=5076167&PreviewType=Questionnaire
All materials must be received by the closing date of this announcement Thursday, July 31, 2014 to be considered.·
Sheila D. Thompson
Government Printing Office
732 North Capitol Street NW
HCO Room A-638
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC