California State University San Marcos — San Marcos
0 other recent jobs
Created: July 1, 2014
DescriptionAre you passionate about web development?
The Library at California State University San Marcos seeks an entry-level web developer who is creative, user-focused, and wants to develop awesome web applications. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, well-versed in developing with languages such as PHP, and knowledgeable in the use of version control systems such as Git.
With guidance from the Library Technology and Systems coordinator, the incumbent will dive into and take ownership of various upcoming web development projects. Projects in the pipeline include developing responsive web interfaces, creating Drupal modules, migrating Drupal sites, and building integrations between library systems and vendor applications.
Highlights of desirable qualifications
- 2-3 years of web development experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of programming languages such as PHP and the principles of web development involved in applying those languages to complex problems.
- Strong understanding of database systems such as MySQL.
- Demonstrated experience working with content management systems such as Drupal and Wordpress.
- Demonstrated understanding of a variety of Web technologies and applications, such as XML, CSS, JSON, and authentication services.
- Agile and fast-paced
- Focus on development and coding
- Innovative ideas and creative solutions welcomed and encouraged!
- Opportunities to build strong experience by working on complex solutions
- Opportunities to explore new languages and technologies
- Flexible working hours
- Mac, Windows desktop and laptop with multiple displays
- Access to multiple development servers
To review job application guidelines and apply, go to https://www.csusm.edu/about/employment.html and select Job Openings under Staff and Management Opportunities. To locate the job listing for this position, search for 'Library' and set 'Posted' to 'Last Three Months.' The job title for this position is 'Analyst/Programmer (Foundation), Library.'
California State University, San Marcos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, age, disability or veteran's status.
How to apply
Published: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 21:14 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC