Integrated Library Systems (ILS) Specialist
Community College of Allegheny County — Pittsburgh
0 other recent jobs
Created: July 3, 2014
DescriptionProvides quality library services to the college community by maintaining the Integrated Library Systems (ILS).
1. Manage, up-date and trouble shoot the ILS of the College.
2. Work collaboratively with the College's Instructional Technology Department.
3. Train the appropriate staff in using the up-dates of the ILS system.
4. Identify the appropriate security level of the access the ILS system; delete staff who should no longer have ILS access.
5. Coordinate the up-dating of the OPAC Interphase and the electronic book collection.
6. Participate in the publicity efforts of the library and the College.
7. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty and staff.
8. Communicate with the technical services staff concerning cataloging and processing of library materials.
9. Recommend assignments and their priorities for clerical staff in the library area to the supervisors.
10. Assist in the collection of data and preparation of reports pertinent to the library area.
11. Serve on appropriate committees.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in the field of library science with a specialty in cataloging and working with ILS, preferably SirsiDynix, from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited graduate program; including a knowledge of information, public and circulation services procedures; and proficiency in the use of computers in contemporary library services. Academic library experience preferred.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
Published: Thursday, July 3, 2014 15:07 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC