Java Developer - Multiple Positions and Multiple Levels Open
Created: June 13, 2014
ProQuest Ann Arbor0 other recent jobs
DescriptionProQuest is hiring developers at multiple levels for a team developing next-generation content ingestion processes, systems, and pipelines to support new products and product improvements. The Senior Developers will help with the architectural/high-level design of large-scale, complex n-tier scalable systems in a 24x7 production environment.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
- Participate in the design and architectural decisions for projects
- Produce documentation to support the design and development of new systems
- Involve and contribute towards investigation and implementation of new technologies and tools to enhance and facilitate ProQuest's content and product development efforts
- Work as a team member in a challenging project environment
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years working with JAVA (Java 5 or higher) with a focus on high performance
- Strong background with multiple data formats and schemas (both read and create) (XML, SGML, MARC, etc.)
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Experience with distributed systems and application development
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Work experience dealing directly with internal customers or external partners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work in team setting
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Bachelors Degree in computer science is preferred
- Experience as a Technical Lead
- Experience with Cloud Implementation using AWS
- Experience with Informatica tools including B2B Data Exchange (DX), PowerCenter and DT Studio
- Experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment
- Experience in application development using Wicket, Bootstrap and AngularJS and system integrations
- Experience with J2EE development
- Experience with Java server side processing for high volume content handling, XML technologies and JMS
- Scrum Certification (Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Developer)
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Capacity to learn and master new technology
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
Here’s what you want to know about ProQuest
Fantastic people: Where smart is the norm and unique is welcome
Fun location: Restaurants all around, within walking distance to Briarwood Mall, and approximately 3 miles from Downtown Ann Arbor.
Great benefits: On-site events, flexible scheduling and wellness programs, plus Bike to work benefits.
Awesome office environment: Nice office, jeans are the norm and unlimited complimentary coffee and tea for the caffeine craved
Amazing company: Annual compensation reviews, generous bonuses, along with being voted as one of the Top Places to Work by Detroit Free Press, three years in a row!
ProQuest connects people with vetted, reliable information. We provide seamless access to and navigation of more than 125 billion digital pages of the world's scholarship, delivering it to the desktop and into the workflow of serious researchers in multiple fields, from arts, literature, and social science to general reference, business, science, technology, and medicine. The company is currently rolling out the all-new ProQuest® platform, which moves beyond navigation to empower researchers to use, create, and share content—accelerating research productivity.
If this position isn’t quite your fit, check out our other positions posted on our “Career” page under About Us. ProQuest’s corporate office is located in Ann Arbor, MI.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC
How to apply
Published: Friday, June 13, 2014 22:59 UTC