Web Services Developer
Created: June 5, 2014
Radford University Radford0 other recent jobs
DescriptionJohn P. McConnell Library at Radford University seeks a creative, enthusiastic, user-oriented technologist to manage the public websites and internal portal web-related needs of the library. This faculty position provides a combination of independence, professional development opportunities, room for experimentation in a supportive environment. The Web Services developer continues a tradition of providing excellent web services to a highly collaborative academic community.
As part of our library technology team, the Web Services Developer:
- Leads development and analysis of the library websites, web-based applications, and web-based services.
- Supports and develops numerous customized web based applications; develops and manages associated databases; and conducts analyses of collected data, with knowledge of SQL.
- Using advanced coding methodologies and tools, is responsible for some or all phases of web application development including liaising directly with our various user bases, requirements gathering, translating general requirements into system specifications, complex development, unit testing and QA, interface development, data integration, and release / production support.
- Maintains, debugs, upgrades, and scales web application code, web content and dynamic data.
- Develops and supports system interfaces. Provides help desk level support for applications developed in-house.
- Master's degree in information science, computer science, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Considerable experience in professional web development environments required.
- Extensive experience in website development and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience developing and supporting web-based applications and associated databases, with knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in data collection analysis.
- Extensive experience in debugging, upgrading, and scaling web application code, web content, and dynamic data.
- Experience and understanding of purchasing and developing web applications for a diverse academic clientele.
- Extensive experience in developing and maintaining applications for an academic library.
- Extensive experience in developing and trouble-shooting with Expression Engine, and WordPress.
- Demonstrable mastery with web technologies including: PHP and HTML.
- Proficiency in current web techniques (CSS) and best practices; experience with multiple web development programs, e.g. Adobe Flash/Photoshop/Fireworks/Dreamweaver.
- Experience with Web Services for data exchange between systems.
- Experience with Google Analytics and API's (Google Apps), relational database concepts, web monitoring reporting tools, mobile optimization, and project management.
Radford University is a comprehensive, state-supported institution focused on providing outstanding academic programs in a student-centered environment. The university is well known for its strong faculty/student bonds and innovative use of technology in the learning environment. Radford is located by the New River in the scenic mountains of Southwest Virginia, 40 miles from Roanoke.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC