Web Developer II - Library
University of Northern British Columbia — Quesnel
0 other recent jobs
Created: July 20, 2012
DescriptionWeb Developer II – Geoffrey R. Weller Library
(1 Year Term, Full-time)
Reporting directly to the Digital Initiatives Librarian and indirectly to the Administrative and Enterprise Systems Support Manager, the Web Developer II is responsible for customizing and optimizing software for a digital Institutional Repository while ensuring developed solutions fit with current IT infrastructures. This includes developing and maintaining custom software modules for Drupal.
The position is focused primarily on the completion of a Drupal module designed to manage the process of submitting theses and dissertations (http://code.library.unbc.ca).
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Integration of current library systems such as: library catalogue, inter-library loan, websites, archives databases, and user authentication systems with each other, and with campus-wide systems;
- Digitally optimize and present content, targeting current and emerging mobile devices, ensuring it meets performance expectations and accessibility requirements;
- Identify, test, support, and train functional technical contacts in the developed web solutions;
- Design application architecture, database schema, website templates, and graphical user interfaces consistent with organizational standards;
- Maintain and enhance existing web applications, monitor site performance, analyze system/user errors and identify corrective actions;
- Provide recommendations on technologies and methods of development that best meet current and future web requirements;
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience with Drupal is an asset. Experience working in libraries and with library systems is an asset. You possess excellent interpersonal skills, effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent problem solving and time management skills. You have the ability to balance many tasks with changing priorities and thrive in a fast-changing work environment, and are well versed in current and emerging web technologies.
This position has been classified at Interim Grade 11. The annual salary range for this position is $57,711.08 – 59,495.96, and the normal starting salary will be $57,711.08.
Normal hours of work will be 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
UNBC offers employee tuition waivers (includes spouse and dependents), excellent benefit/ pension packages, as well as employee training and development opportunities. For more details please see http://www.unbc.ca/faculty_staff/index.html
Please forward your resume and proof of education quoting competition #12-070CU to:
Human Resources, University of Northern British Columbia,
3333 University Way, Prince George, BC, V2N 4Z9
Email submissions: HRecruit@unbc.ca
Inquiries: (250) 960-5521
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Northern British Columbia is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
We thank all applicants for their interest in UNBC however, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to apply
UNBC Human Resources
Published: Friday, July 20, 2012 16:52 UTC
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:47 UTC