DescriptionTitle: Systems Analyst
Category: Exempt Staff
Department: Digital Systems and Stewardship
Benefits: 22 Days Annual Leave, 15 Days Sick Leave, 3 Days Personal Leave, 15 Paid Holidays, Tuition Remission, Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage
As the largest university library system in the Washington D.C.-Baltimore area, the University of Maryland Libraries serve more than 37,500 students and 4,200 faculty of the flagship College Park campus. The University of Maryland Libraries share the teaching, learning and research goals of the university. Its role as a key academic resource is evident in its service to the academic community and its actionable strategic plan. Recent membership in the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, a robust organization of Big Ten member institutions, is particularly meaningful to the University Libraries and will further propel the university’s ascendancy in academic excellence.
The UM Libraries’ Digital Systems and Stewardship (DSS) Division supports the library automation needs of the University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions (USMAI). Working within a team environment, the successful candidate will provide broad programming support to the USMAI Libraries’ Integrated Library System (ILS), Aleph, and database applications. These applications support management and access of USMAI Libraries’ print and electronic resources. The candidate will be actively involved in the development, implementation, integration and support of USMAI library application software, including implementing interfaces to other USMAI applications. The software development activities encompass all phases of software development lifecycle, including initial configuration and setup, design, testing, updates, and ongoing support, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Work with members of the Consortial Library Applications Support (CLAS) team to perform maintenance and support activities of the various components of the Libraries integrated library system (ILS) and database applications, including:
- Monitor ticket-tracking systems and respond to requests.
- Serve as technical specialist and consultant with particular mastery of ILS tools, APIs, and ILS configuration tables.
- Help determine policy for utilization and configuration of ILS and related systems.
- Design and write custom and complex report generation code in response to staff requests.
- Identify unmet functional requirements, work with users to develop specifications, evaluate available software, develop and document programs and scripts that extend system functionality and automate routine tasks.
- Evaluate new systems, participate in in-house development, and lead technical development on some projects.
- Maintain current awareness of trends and issues relative to library information technology and supported applications.
- Minimum of three (3) years of programming experience;
- Demonstrated experience with command scripting;
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux, SQL and XML/XSL technologies;
- Strong service orientation; and Ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
APPLICATIONS: Electronic applications required. Please apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu, click staff. Local candidates are encouraged to apply; no relocation assistance will be provided. The University of Maryland Libraries will not sponsor individuals for employment. You must be legally able to work in the United States. An application consists of a cover letter which includes the source of advertisement, a resume and names/e-mail addresses of three references.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and accepted until June 16, 2014.
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, or gender identity and expression. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Last updated: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 23:43 UTC